St Bart’s has been temporarily closed so that it can be reordered. Reopening in September 2020
The removal of the organ has allowed the rose window to be visible for the first time in 150 yrs.
The organ was removed by an organ builder and taken to be installed in a chapel in Mirfield, West Yorkshire.
Thanks to Lottery Funding, a series of grants and some fantastic support from friends and volunteers, the re-ordering work can begin. Under-floor heating, fitted kitchen and toilets are going to be installed in St Bart’s.
We would like to say a huge ‘Thank you’ to everyone who has helped and supported the Events and Activities at St Bart’s. It is thanks to you that the church will now be fully accessible to all
All work stopped on March 22nd, but much had been done. Work partly restarted two weeks ago (June 2020) and is now continuing apace with the expected social distancing etc measure in place.
- The Nave ceiling had been cleaned and restored
- Interior partitions have been completed
- The new heating system is installed and working
- Drainage is now in place
The builders are working towards a completion date at the end of August at the latest.
- Rev Alex Mayes conducts Sunday worship online every Sunday. Contact Rev Alex for details.
- ‘Christian Chat’ meetings are held online every Sunday at 4pm.
- Faith study virtual meetings are held every Wed at 4pm
Email Rev Alex for details of all event happening at St Bart’s